永远不要对女性的身体作出如下评论

语法录 人气:1.8W

"HAVE YOU LOST WEIGHT?"

"你是不是瘦了?"

Sometimes, weight loss is something to celebrate, especially if that weight loss was on purpose and for health reasons. Until you know that for sure, stick to questions that focus on her emotional state - e.g. "How are you feeling?" or "How's life?" - not her physical attributes.

有时候,减肥是值得庆贺的事情,尤其是当你故意为了健康而减肥时更是如此。除非你十分肯定这一点,否则还是问一些关于她情感状态的问题--比如"你感觉怎么样?"或是"你最近好嘛?"--而不是问她关于身体状况的问题。

"YOU LOOK TIRED."

"你看起来累坏了。"

"You look tired" is usually code for "you look terrible." If you're genuinely concerned about someone, try asking how they're doing.

通常,"你看起来累坏了"就等于说"你看上去糟透了。"如果你真的关心某人,那还是问她最近过的如何比较好。

"WHEN ARE YOU DUE?"

"你的预产期是什么时候啊?"

Has this individual pulled you aside, personally, to tell you she's having a baby? No? Then keep all pregnancy-related queries to yourself.

这个女人有没有将你拉到一边告诉你她要生孩子了?没有?那就不要问她这些有关怀孕的问题了。

"ARE YOU HAVING TWINS?"

"你是不是怀的双胞胎啊?"

永远不要对女性的身体作出如下评论

So you've confirmed she's expecting. Great! Now still isn't the time to make assumptions about what's happening inside her body.

所以,你确定她想生双胞胎。那太好了!但仍然没到假设她肚子里怀了男孩还是女孩的时候。

"YOU SHOULD (OR SHOULDN'T) BE BREASTFEEDING."

"你应该或不应该母乳喂养。"

Are you a licensed medical professional addressing your patient? I didn't think so.

难道你是持证医疗专业人士,在对你的病人说话吗?我可不这么认为。

"YOU'RE SO EXOTIC-LOOKING!"

"你看起来真有异域风情!"

What she hears is, "You don't look like you're from here." And that won't leave her with any positive feelings.

她会解读成,"你长得可不像当地人。"这不会让她有任何美好的感受。

"ARE THOSE REAL?"

"你的胸是真的吗?"

Why do you need to know? Also, no, you can't touch them.

这事与你何干呢?而且,你不能摸!

"CAN I TOUCH YOUR HAIR?"

"我能摸一下你的头发吗?"

Seems like an innocent enough ask, right? Wrong. This is a classic example of a microaggression - that is, a subtle comment or action that hints at deeper prejudice, whether you're conscious of that prejudice or not.

听起来像是个无知的人说的话,对不?错了!这是微歧视的典型例子--那就是,意味着深层次偏见的微小评论或行为,不管你有没有意识到这种偏见。

"YOU'D BE SO PRETTY IF …"

"如果你整一下……你就太美了"

If she wanted your advice, she'd ask.

如果她需要你的建议,她会问的。

"YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE AN ATHLETE."

"你看起来一点都不像运动员。"

The human body is capable of all kinds of amazing things, and very few of those things have anything to do how skinny or curvy or short or tall it is.

人的身体能做各种令人惊奇的事情,只有很少的事情与人们的胖瘦、柔韧性或高矮有关。

"YOU DON'T LOOK [INSERT ETHNICITY HERE] …"

"你看起来不像(插入种族)……"

If someone doesn't conform to your (probably racist) vision of what a certain group of people should "look" like, keep it to yourself.

如果某个人不符合你对特定人群的长相观(也许是种族歧视),千万别说出来。

"WHY DON'T YOU SHAVE/WAX/THREAD …"

"你为什么不刮……"

Probably because she has more important things to do. Or she just doesn't care. Either way, it's none of your damn business.

也许是因为她有更重要的事情要做。或者是因为她根本就不在乎这事。无论如何,都根本不关你的事。